Dr Will English
Lecturer in Medical Education
Sarcoma and Tumour Microenvironment
I previously led the Sarcoma and Tumour Microenvironment Research Group within the Department of Oncology at the University of Sheffield.
My group used a combination of cell and molecular biology, preclinical mouse models and bioinformatics analysis to increase our understanding of how the tumour microenvironment regulates biology and response to therapy of adult soft tissue sarcomas with complex karyotypes (CK STS).
Projects in preparation for publication or ongoing at Sheffield include the characterisation of mRNA splicing events that regulate immune cell infiltration and immune checkpoint gene expression, development of a prototype sarcoma associated fibroblast signature and pharmacogenomic studies to identify novel therapies for CK STS.
Research was supported by CRUK, YCR and Sarcoma UK.
- Karen Sisley, Greg Wells, Mark Dunning, Department of Oncology, University of Sheffield
- Fred Claeyssens, Department of Materials Science, University of Sheffield
- Juha Rantala, Misvik Biosciences, Finland
- Catharine West, Laura Forker, Manchester University
- Yihai Cao, Karolinska Institutet
- Dominique Heymann, EuSARC Network